I had a great time in Eugene, Oregon, and Sriracha won “Best Short Doc”!
Tomorrow in Eugene, Oregon—Sriracha at 12:40p, Bijou Arts Cinema. Official selection of the Disorient Asian American Film Festival!
Director Griffin Hammond talks “Srirachapocalypse” on HuffPost Live.
Last night, I sat right in the middle of the largest, sold-out crowd Sriracha has seen yet. 230 people packed into the Roxie Theatre, San Francisco’s oldest continually operating theater. The audience at the Food & Farm Film Fest reacted with so much laughter, groaning, applause. That’s exactly why I make films—to evoke these feelings—so it’s beautiful to see it in person.
Two screenings down, five to go on my seven-city March/April film festival tour!
- March 21: Sriracha had its film festival debut at the Tampa Museum of Art—Gasparilla Int’l Film Festival
- March 29: A sold-out show, an amazing audience, and an incredible after party at the Atlanta Film Festival (VIDEO)
- TONIGHT (April 3): Sriracha headlines the opening night of the Food & Farm Film Fest, at the Roxie Theater, San Francisco’s oldest continually operating theater. (Sold-out online, but a couple dozen tickets will be available at the box office.)
- April 7: Bare Bones Film Fest in Muskogee, OK
- April 12: Disorient Asian American Film Fest in Eugene, OR
- April 13: New Art Film Fest in Champaign, IL
- April 16: Illinois State University Documentary Film Fest in Normal, IL
This Friday is the film festival premiere of Sriracha in Tampa, Florida! To give you a sense of how excited I am, this is how excited I got when only a second of the film appeared at SXSW Film!
Wow. Vimeo has been so super supportive of this film. Today, they celebrate the first anniversary of Vimeo On Demand, with this video that will screen before the SXSW world premiere of “DamNation.”
At 0:46, there’s a super short glimpse of my film, but then check out 1:04! Of all the major films they could feature in that position, I can’t believe it. Thank you, Vimeo. Looking forward to meeting the Vimeo team tonight at their SXSW party here in Austin, TX.